Friday, May 23, 2008

nothing

I think we can safely say no news will come today.

I don't know, people. I need it to come tomorrow.

I do feel we are in some sort of spiritual battle.

It's very bizarre and I don't really know how to describe it.

On a lighter note:

I did find these replica posters on etsy.

The background is this:

In the Spring of 1939, with war against Germany all but inevitable, the British Government's Ministry of Information commissioned a series of propaganda posters to be distributed throughout the country at the onset of hostilities. It was feared that in the early months of the war Britain would be subjected to gas attacks, heavy bombing raids and even invasion. The posters were intended to offer the public reassurance in the dark days which lay ahead.

Not only perfect for adoptive parents. I think it will be rather appropriate in a house with 6 small children as well.

So here it is. Hanging on our living room wall.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I love this. I think my house needs that poster, too!

Tracy in Chicago said...

I bought these on Etsy too, poster and coasters ... :)
we are trying to adopt 3 sibs from Kenya :)
Congrats to you! You are a beautiful , blessed family

Tracy

Penny Pickles said...

i love that poster, i am planning on hanging one on my kitchen wall - it says it all.